Monday, November 9, 2009

Quick one on Movember.


Here's today's "Mo Shot"

For those who've seen "American Chopper" on the Discovery Channel (or TLC). I wrote a letter this evening to the Dad from Orange County Choppers. Here it is...

Mr. Tuetul,

I'm sure you get a lot of requests for donations and your time. And it's clear to me Your Company and You have been incredible examples of Philanthropy over the years. Though I'm not a motorcyle enthusiast, as an Engineer, and corporate executive, I'm a fan of your show and your motorcycles!

I'm participating in a fundraising initiative named Movember. It sounds pretty corny but it's for a great cause. The gist of it is, guys get donations for growing a moustache through the month of November. Proceeds benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation and The Prostate Cancer Foundation. It's primarily to promote Men's Health awareness around prostate and testicular cancers.

Since I was born with a "5 o'clock shadow" and have never attempted to grow a moustache, I thought this would be perfect opportunity for me. You sir have a fine moustache! I figured you would appreciate my efforts and want to donate to my cause.

I'm writing to request that you log into url: us (dot) movember (dot) com/mospace/289238 and donate any amount you see fit to my donation space. Most of my donors are giving between $10 and $50.

I've gotten a commitment from another celebrity (who wishes to remain anonymous) to match all proceeds I've raised at the end of the final week of November. (I use the term celebrity pretty loosely but that's the way he wants it)

Mr. Tuetul, It would be awesome to have you on my list of donors on my "MO Space" page (url above). It would be even more awesome if after donating you passed the link around to all the folks you know to raise more money and awareness. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I'm looking forward to your contribution.

David D. McBride
129 Elmhaven Way
Morrisville, NC 27560 919 308 0529
P.S. I have read the disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment