Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Movember, BNSF, and Random Randomness

Today is a big day!!!! Warren Buffett bought the BNSF Railroad. Not long ago, I ran a locomotive shop in Mexico which did wreck repair. The BN was one of my better, as well as favorite customers. We did number of sizable wrecks, as well as Diesel Engine Overhauls for them in the 2.5 years we were down there! Here's a picture of loco wreck before and after we did. I believe this was the result of a big derailment out in California. Difficult to see as it was a framed photo I've got on my office wall. I think it's pretty cool that a team of 30 guys or so could fix that choo choo in about 8 weeks. It was pretty messed up.



Warren Buffet had a big day and so did I! I got my first Movember Donation for $20.00 from John Huegel of Erie, PA. So I owe him a poem in exchange for his generosity! It only takes one to get the ball rolling so to speak. I've got a good feeling about how my "stash" is filling in and how much money I can raise.

Here's a picture of Day 3.

I'm going for a combination of Magnum PI, Stacey Keach in Mike Hammer, and toned down Lemmy from Motorhead. The rules clearly state that the moustache is not to connect with sideburns, hence the toned down Lemmy.

Here's the Poem...

John H. is my first Movember donor
He's not as wealthy as the BNSF's new owner

But if he'd sold his Options of GE
And invested in Santa Fee (Poetic License)

He'd be more or less Rich
And have more cash to Pitch

For causes like the "Movember"

Training wise I had a pretty good week last week.

Last Sunday I got in 8 Miles (Really slow on the American Tobacco Trail) I really struggled to keep my heart rate under 145. Mark Allen says it will pay off. And he has his own personal Shaman so I guess it makes sense.

Sunday 8 slow
Monday Off
Tuesday Run 4
Wednesday Run 40 minutes tempo run (I've really got to learn to do these.
Thursday 4 miles Easy
Friday Mountain Bike 8 Miles in Crabtree (Fast and Fun) + 7 Miles in Umstead
Saturday Cycle 35 with John M. and Mark W.

So far this week I'm 0 for 3. Family obligations and job are messing up training with a little scoop of daylight loss.

All for now. I think the White House is calling to appoint me as "Poet Laureate" or something so I've got to run to get the phone.

~Dave











No comments:

Post a Comment